Dr. Kenneth Yost will provide you with instructions on what to do after you have received a dental crown or bridge. These instructions are also included below.
After receiving a crown or bridge:
- Do not eat for at least two hours or until the anesthesia has worn off
- Continue to brush and floss normally
- If your bite is unbalanced, schedule an appointment with our team for an adjustment
- If you are experiencing sensitivity, you can take a mild pain reliever or rinse with warm saltwater (½ tsp in eight ounces of water) to relieve discomfort
If you have received a temporary crown or bridge while your final restoration is being created:
- Avoid chewing on sticky foods
- Brush normally, but be sure to pull the floss through rather than lifting up
- If your temporary comes off, slip it back on and call our office so that we can re-cement it for you
If you have any questions or to make an appointment with our dentist in Wilmington, Delaware, call Advanced Dental Artistry today at 302-477-1888.